Potential Changes to the Audit Exemption
According to a recent Government press release, a consultation will soon commence on proposals to enhance the Companies Act 2014.
Among the issues to be considered are:
- Amend the audit exemption regime for small/micro companies, to remove automatic loss of audit exemption and put in place a two-step, graduated procedure to deal with late filing;
- Provide companies and industrial and provident societies with the option to hold physical/hybrid and virtual meetings including AGMs and general meetings;
- Make amendments to the regulation of receivers;
- Extend certain reporting obligations to examiners, interim examiners and process advisors;
- Enhance certain powers for the Corporate Enforcement Authority, the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority and the Companies Registration Office to help investigate and prosecute alleged breaches of company law.
Please go to our website to see our new ISQM TOOLKIT or if you prefer to chat through the different audit risks and potential appropriate responses presented by this new standard, please contact John McCarthy FCA by e-mail at email@example.com.
We typically tailor training and brainstorming sessions to suit your firm’s unique requirements.
Publications and AML webinars:
- The ISQM TOOLKIT 2022 is available to purchase here.
- See our latest Anti-Money Laundering Policies Controls & Procedures Manual (March 2022) – View the Table of Contents click here.
- Also we have an updated AML webinar (March 2022) available here, which accompanies the AML Manual. It explains the current legal AML reporting position for accountancy firms and includes a quiz. Upon completion, you receive a CPD Certificate of attendance in your inbox.
- To ensure your letters of engagement and similar templates are up to date visit our site here where immediate downloads are available in Word format. A bulk discount is available for orders of five or more items if bought together.