The 2021 Annual Report of the Companies Registration Office (CRO) was published at the end of July 2022.
Here we summarise some of the more interesting statistics contained in the report. In the three statistics that we focus on here, 2017 was the record year out of the last five years for notices filed with the CRO for:
- Resignation of auditor, of which there were 3,216 resignations filed;
- Report that proper books not kept, of which there were 10 filed; and
- Removal of Auditor, of which there were 73 filed.
It shows that in the last five years, the numbers of:
- Resignations of auditors fell by 0.87% overall;
- Reports about companies not maintaining proper books of account/adequate accounting records fell from 10 reports per annum to zero in 2021; and
- Removals of auditors fell by almost 85% to a five year low of only 11 removals in the 2021 calendar year.
The full table is presented here:
|Resignation of auditor||3,216||3,711||3,058||2,317||3,188|
|Report that proper books not kept||
|Removal of Auditor||73||33||31||13||11|
The 2021 Annual Report of the CRO is available in pdf format here.
Are your AML Policies Controls & Procedures up to date?
We have just released our latest Anti-Money Laundering Policies Controls & Procedures Manual (March 2022) – View the Table of Contents click here.
To ensure your letters of engagement and similar templates are up to date visit our site here where immediate downloads are available in Word format. A bulk discount is available for orders of five or more items if bought together.
For our latest Audit Quality Control Manual (October 2021) (implementing the latest Irish Audit & Accounting Supervisory Authority standards including ISQC1 on audit quality control) click here. View the Table of Contents here.